Here are the settings to setup your Exchange account in Outlook 2010 using an IMAP connection.
- Open Outlook
- On the File tab, click Account Settings. The Account Settings window is displayed.
The E-mail tab is opened by default showing all your set up e-mail accounts (if there any).
- Click New. The Add New E-mail Account Wizard starts. You are prompted to Choose E-mail Account.
- Select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types checkbox at the bottom of the Wizard screen, and then click Next.
- Select Internet E-mail, and then click Next.
The Internet E-mail Settings window is displayed. Provide the following information in the available fields:
- Your Name: type in your name that will be shown to your e-mail recipients in the From: field.
- E-mail Address: (example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Account Type: select IMAP.
- Incoming mail server: exchange.infoquest.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): exchange.infoquest.com
- User Name: email@example.com
- Password: type in your password.
Then click Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- In the drop-down menu located below the Incoming server (IMAP) field, select SSL.
- In the drop-down menu located below the Outgoing server (SMTP) field, select TLS.
If there is missing or incorrect information, such as your password, you are prompted to supply it or correct it.