Here is how it can be done. Your domain name is called yourdomain.com; that email for yourdomain.com is on another email server.
You would like email@example.com to use a Hosted Exchange Server account at InfoQuest, here are the step to take below.
1. Sign up for the Microsoft Hosted Exchange Service.
2. For the domain name of the subscription use yourdomain.site.infoquest.com (Where is says "yourdomain" you type in your domain without the extension. ie.. johnsmith.com, you would type in johnsmith.site.infoquest.com)
3. A hosted exchange subscription will be created in POA for the domain yourdomain.site.infoquest.com
4. Login to the customer control panel, select Exchange Tab, Click Add New Mailbox. for username as firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Select the email box just created and click the “email addresses tab”
6. From the email addresses tab click the “change” button under the Primary E-mail address, click on the "custom email address" option
and click next section and set the primary address to email@example.com. This will result in the delivery of an email to the existing
firstname.lastname@example.org email address (at the existing mailserver) with instructions on how to approve this request. The email you receive at
email@example.com will contain an authorization URL that when clicked will authorize the request on InfoQuest’s Hosted Exchange server.
7. Once the authorization is complete, the email address created for the Hosted Exchange account will use firstname.lastname@example.org as the primary
8. From the email account of your existing mail server, setup forwarding so that email@example.com forwards to
firstname.lastname@example.org. This will cause email sent to your existing host addressed to email@example.com
to automatically forward to your firstname.lastname@example.org hosted exchange mailbox.
Since mail sent to email@example.com is now forwarding to InfoQuest’s Hosted Exchange server you should set the
option at your original host not to keep a copy of the forwarded email. This way the firstname.lastname@example.org email box at
your original host will not fill up.
9. Then test it. Send an email to email@example.com. Logon to your InfoQuest Hosted Exchange account through
Outlook Web Access by visiting https://exchange.infoquest.com/ and login as firstname.lastname@example.org You should see the test
email sent to email@example.com. Reply to the test email and it will be returned to the recipient. They will see your
return address as displayed as firstname.lastname@example.org
10. In addition to using Outlook Web Access you can now connect to your Hosted exchange account through Outlook
by following the download and configuration instructions in InfoQuest Hosted Exchange control panel.