Here is how it can be done. Your domain name is called yourdomain.com; that email for yourdomain.com is on another email server.
You would like firstname.lastname@example.org to use a Hosted Exchange Server account at InfoQuest, here are the step to take below.
1. Sign up for the Hosted Exchange Email Service.
2. For the domain name of the subscription use yourdomain.site.infoquest.com (Where is says "yourdomain" you type in your domain without the extension. ie.. johnsmith.com, you would type in johnsmith.site.infoquest.com)
3. A hosted exchange subscription will be created in POA for the domain yourdomain.site.infoquest.com
4. Login to the customer control panel, select Exchange Tab, Click Add New Mailbox. for username as email@example.com
5. Select the email box just created and click the “email addresses tab”
6. From the email addresses tab click the “change” button under the Primary E-mail address, click on the "custom email address" option
and click next section and set the primary address to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will result in the delivery of an email to the existing
email@example.com email address (at the existing mailserver) with instructions on how to approve this request. The email you receive at
firstname.lastname@example.org will contain an authorization URL that when clicked will authorize the request on InfoQuest’s Hosted Exchange server.
7. Once the authorization is complete, the email address created for the Hosted Exchange account will use email@example.com as the primary
8. From the email account of your existing mail server, setup forwarding so that firstname.lastname@example.org forwards to
email@example.com. This will cause email sent to your existing host addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
to automatically forward to your email@example.com hosted exchange mailbox.
Since mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org is now forwarding to InfoQuest’s Hosted Exchange server you should set the
option at your original host not to keep a copy of the forwarded email. This way the email@example.com email box at
your original host will not fill up.
9. Then test it. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Logon to your InfoQuest Hosted Exchange account through
Outlook Web Access by visiting https://exchange.infoquest.com/ and login as email@example.com You should see the test
email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reply to the test email and it will be returned to the recipient. They will see your
return address as displayed as email@example.com
10. In addition to using Outlook Web Access you can now connect to your Hosted exchange account through Outlook
by following the download and configuration instructions in InfoQuest Hosted Exchange control panel.