1. Browse to InfoQuest's web hosting plans and select the plan that will best suit your needs.
2. When your read, click on the "Order Now" button under the plan you want to buy.
3. Select the "Subscription Period" you want to pay.
4. Select if you want to have a dedicated IP address or not.
NOTE: It is highly recommended that you obtain a dedicated IP address so you can test your new site, by browsing the IP address, while your old site remains active.
5. Select if you want more database space, click the "Continue" button.
6. If you're using your existing domain, type in your domain name (without the www) in the box under the "I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers only" section, and click the "Use" button.
7. If you're registering a new domain for the account, type in the domain you want to purchase and click the "Search" button. If the domain is available, select it and click "Continue".
8. One the next page you'll see the Order Details, you'll see the Subscription Plan you order and the domain name you're using and anything else that you've selected at the beginning. Make sure everything looks correct, then click the green "Continue" button at the top.
9. At the "Customer Login" section. If this is your first time on the new system, then you'll be considered a "New Customer" and will have to select "No".
(Note: If already are a customer and want this new subscription under your account, then select "Yes" and login with your account username and password.)
10. (New Customer) Select what type of account it is "Business or Personal" then fill out the account information, then click the "Continue" button.
11. Fill in your Billing information, then place the order. You'll be brought to a screen with the account information. You'll soon receive a welcome email with your account information.
12. Once you've received the welcome messages, your account is ready to go for you to start uploading content to the new server.
13. Click here on where to find your FTP information in the customer control panel: FTP Username & Password.
14. Make sure hosting has been enabled for the domain name. Click on the "Hosted Domains" tab, you'll see if there is hosting enabled for the domain. If you do not see Hosting or Qmail added, then select your domain and you'll see a "Hosting" section, there you can add Hosting and Email for your account.
15. Once you've confirmed Hosting has been added for the domain, select the Hosted Domains tab again and then select your domain, you'll see under the "Hosting Services" section, you'll see the path to where the system has mapped your domain name. That is where you will want to upload your site's content to.
16. Once you've uploaded and tested the site, then you'll add your email accounts under the Mail tab.
17. Once you've added your email accounts and tested your website, you'll login at where you bought your domain and point the domain name to our name servers: ns1.infoquest.com & ns2.infoquest.com.
18. If you're doing your own DNS through your registrar's interface, you'll need to just update the A record and the MX record to point to the IP address assigned to your domain and if you're doing email with us, you would point the MX record to "mail.infoquest.com".