All you have to do is start building campaign URLs via Google’s URL Builder tool.
Enter in your domain and some basic info about the link so you can keep track of it in your Campaign reports:
- Source – What domain are you placing the link on? Which email list?
- Medium – Use things like banner ad, PPC, affiliate, email etc.
- Term – This is for paid keywords but in general, you won’t use this because there’s a better way to connect Google Analytics to AdWords.
- Content – Use this to separate different versions of the same ad.
- Name – This is how you’ll easily differentiate groups of ads in your reports. Google groups campaign links by name so this is the first item you’ll see in your reports, make sure you can tell what the link is from here without having to look at any of the other info.
Don’t worry about adding campaign URLs to AdWords, your ads get tagged automatically if you’ve enable auto-tagging and connected AdWords to Analytics.