Promotion: Try Hosted Microsoft Exchange. Secure Enterprise Class email compatible with Microsoft Outlook. Automatically synchronize your email for access from any desktop or mobile device.
1. Open Mac Mail
2. Click the "Mail" menu at the top, then select "Preferences".
3. Select the "Accounts" Tab.
4. To Create/Add new E-mail Accounts, Click the "+" icon in the bottom left corner
5. Enter your Full Name, Email address, and Password. Then click Continue.
6. Enter the following information for Incoming Mail Server:
- Account Type: select POP or IMAP.
- Incoming mail server: mail.yourdomain.com. (mail.infoquest.com)
- User Name: email@example.com.
- Password: Your email password
7. Click Continue.
8. Enter the following information for SMTP: mail.yourdomain.com. (mail.infoquest.com)
9. Check the box for Use Authentication. Enter Your full Email Address and Password into the correct fields.
10. Click Continue.
11. Check the box "Take Account Online"
12. Click Create
13. You will then return to the Accounts Window. You may close this
window as mail is currently being downloaded to your MacMail.
By clicking your inbox, you will see any new mail that has been downloaded or click Get Mail.
Note: If you have trouble sending email out, try to change the SMTP port number to 587 and choose Authentication setting as follows:
- Click Accounts.
- In the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) section, click smtp.yourdomain.com.
- A pull-down menu will appear. Click Edit Server List...
- Highlight smtp.yourdomain.com from the Accounts list and the change the Server port to 587.
- From the Authentication area, click the arrow and click Password.
- In the Username field, enter your email address. In the Password field, enter your email password