Here are the steps to setup auto archive for Outlook 2016.
Use the archive feature in Outlook 2016 to keep
your mailbox from growing out of control.
When you archive email, it saves the
messages in another Outlook data file (.pst), which you can open at any time.
Then the Outlook file that you work with every day is kept cleaned up.
How to change the auto archive settings.
1. Go to File, then Options.
2. Under the Advance section, click on the "autoarchive" settings button.
3. Select the auto archive options you would like to do. Here is where you can choose when to run, from what date...etc., then click OK to save your changes.
Here is instructions on how to manually archive email in Outlook 2016.
1. Go to File, then Info.
2. Click on the "Cleanup Tools" button, then Mailbox Cleanup and then select Archive.
3. Select the specific folder you'd like to archive, browse to the folder where you want the files saved to, then click OK.
(Note: If you choose "Outlook" all the items in Outlook will be moved to a new data file.)
4. Select the date, then the path on your hard drive you want to keep your archived email.
5. Click "OK" and Outlook will start archiving your email...etc., depending on what all you selected to archive.
You can archive email in Outlook to a .pst filewhen you'd like and move it to another drive for safe keeping. When you want to access those emails, just open the .pst file you saved.