Here are the step by step instructions on how to setup either an IMAP or POP3 email account in ThunderBird.
(Example Account: firstname.lastname@example.org)
NOTE: You can find your Incoming/Outgoing server information in your customer control panel or you can email email@example.com and we can confirm your server information for you.
1. Open ThunderBird and you'll see the following screen come up.
Click on the "Email" link under "Create a New Account" section.
2. You'll see the following screen come up.
3. Uncheck the box to the left of "ganid.net".
4. Click on the "Skip this and use my existing email" button.
5. Type in your Full Name, Email address & Password and click "Continue"
6. The following box will come up and you'll click on the "Manual Config" button.
7. Type in your Incoming & Outgoing server information, type in your full email address for the username for both incoming and outgoing sections. Click the "Re-test" button. Keep the SSL and Authentication as "Autodetect"
8. It will then confirm your information and let you know if you have the information correct or not.
9. If everything is correct, you'll then see server port information confirmed and the "Done" button highlighted, click the "Done" button.
10. Depending on whether your mail server supports encrypted passwords or not, you may get this box. If you do, check the box " I understand the risks." and click the "Done" button again. You may get asked twice, follow the same steps again.
That's it you've successfully setup up your account in Thunderbird with an IMAP connection.
If you want to set it up with POP3, you just choose POP3 from the drop down in Step 7.