Forwarding is used to redirect visitors from one web address to another.
Once a domain is registered, you can enable the domain forwarding
The service is only available for domains registered with OpenSRS.
To enable domain forwarding:
- Click on the Manage link at the Reseller Control Panel
- Click on the "Domains" Link.
- Click on the domain name for which you want to enable domain forwarding.
- In the Nameservers section, ensure that the domain is set to Use Our Nameservers.
- In the DNS section, click Edit. and do one of the following:
- From the DNS Template drop-down list, choose the domain forwarding template that you created, and click Apply.
- From the Add New Record drop-down list, choose A Record, and in the associated IP Address, enter 126.96.36.199. Make sure to add the www subdomain and set the same A record if you wish www.domain.tld to forward as well as visitors that navigate to domain.tld
- From the Add New Record drop-down list, choose Forward or Masked Forward. If you choose Masked Forward,
the destination website address that appears in the browser address
field is the original domain name, not the address of the destination.
If you choose Forward, the actual destination address is displayed.
- In the Destination URL field, enter the address to which you want to redirect visitors, for example, http://www.example.com or http://188.8.131.52.
- If you are creating a Masked Forward, you can also complete the following optional fields:
- Page Title—The text that you want to appear in the browser title bar.
- Page Description—A short description of your website.
- Page Keywords—Descriptive words that a visitor might use when searching for your website. Separate each word or phrase with a comma.
- Click Save DNS Settings.